Of Fundación Elena Barraquer.
- Obtain the Visas and carry out the entry procedures in the country.
- Provide the stay and maintenance of the volunteers.
- Have the travel ansurance policy in force.
The first day (Sunday) we unpack all the luggage and set up the surgery room. It usually takes about 4-6 hours.
From Monday through Friday the schedule is approximately the following, but it may vary depending on the country / hospital:
– 06:30 – Breakfast
– 07h00 – Departure from the accommodation
– 08h00 – Set up the surgery room
– 08h30 / 09h00 – Begin with surgeries
– 14h00 – lunch break
– 14h30 – reassemble the surgery room and start surgeries until the last patient is finished.
– After the last patient tidy up the surgery room, return to the accommodation and have dinner.
On the last day (Saturday), check the last patients operated on Friday, dismantle the surgery room and pack all the equipment.